Explosion protection in Europe according to ATEX: Basic theoretical principles and practical implementation with equipment
Employees who would like to get an overview of explosion protection measures.
After the seminar the participants will have an overview of the topic of explosion protection in Europe and will be able
to select JUMO equipment with ATEX approval.
The seminar provides information on explosion protection measures as well as valid standards and directives in Europe.
- Explosion protection – history
- Explosion protection in Europe according to ATEX – EU law
- Basic principles and definitions for explosion protection
- Different ignition protection types used by JUMO with a focus on the protection type intrinsic safety. The following protection types are also covered:
- Increased safety
- Pressurized enclosure
- Flameproof enclosure
- Protection by housing
- Additional ignition protection types
- Use of equipment in zone 0 and separation element
- Distinctive features specific to dust applications
- Examples for the selection of equipment for different applications
Follow up trainings:
- Webinar recording Basic principles of explosion protection (ATEX) and the use of JUMO equipment with the protection type intrinsically safe
- Reference book Explosion Protection in Europe
Trainer Sensor- und Automatisierungstechnik