Electrical Temperature Measurement for practitioners
Employees working regularly with electrical temperature measurement and who are responsible for the correct
selection as well as the best possible use of temperature probes.
After the seminar, participants will be able to safely use RTD temperature probes and thermocouples.
Temperature is one of the most important measurands in all technology areas. The seminar teaches the basics for the use of RTD temperature probes and thermocouples in industrial applications.
- The temperature concept
- Development of temperature measurement: from thermoscope to platinum chip sensor
- Temperature measurement method (overview)
- Contact, non-contact, and special processes
- Differentiation of NTCs and PTCs
- Functionality and application of RTD temperature probes
- Basic principles, tolerance classes, connection types
- Operating principle and application of thermocouples
- Thermoelectric effect, possible temperature compensation, short circuit analysis, galvanic isolation, standardized thermocouples, max. operating temperature, tolerance classes, ceramic protection tubes, drift behavior, compensating cables, and thermovoltage-free plug connectors
- Overview of electrical thermometers
- Head thermometers and terminal heads, transmitters and signal isolators, measuring insert and construction of thermometers without measuring insert, sheath elements, different types of electrical thermometers
- Information about electric thermometers
- Heat conduction error, transition function, extension tubes, protection tubes, screw-in and welding sleeves
Basic technical knowledge.
Follow up trainings:
Trainer Sensor- und Automatisierungstechnik