Functional safety in Europe pertaining to Safety Integrity Level and Performance Level
Employees who wish to gain an initial requirements overview of the functional safety in plant and mechanical engineering.
After the seminar the participants will have an overview of functional safety and can create risk assessments, retrace calculations, establish SIL structures and compile documentations.
The seminar provides an introduction about the simple start into functional safety through application-oriented practical information when dealing with the standards.
- What does functional safety mean?
- Standards, definitions, values
- Differences between SIL and PL
- Manufacturer specifications
- System structures
- Risk assessment and the tools
- Security structures
- Case study of a safety chain
- SIL ratings according to standards
- Certificates and safety manual
- System applications and their different approaches with structures and calculations
- General information and examples for practical use
- Exchange of experience
Basic technical knowledge.
Follow up trainings: